This job is no longer available
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis is a comprehensive Catholic university with the nation’s largest college for women at its center. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls over 5,200 students in associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in both traditional day and weekend formats. Associate and Graduate programs enroll both women and men.
The Graduate College at St. Catherine University invites applicants for a full-time 12 month ranked faculty position beginning January, 2013. Rank and salary commensurate with education and experience.
Requirements: Earned doctorate and previous experience in research, grant writing and grant management as well as experience in conducting professional development about research are required.
Responsibilities: The director will work with the Dean of the Graduate College and the Graduate Program Directors to establish a research agenda with clear guiding goals for each graduate program. Such an agenda will reflect the values of St. Catherine University as well as reflect a research-related culture that is appropriate for a comprehensive private university. It will be important for the director to be able to mentor faculty in developing their own lines of scholarship and research, as well as to learn how to mentor their students in this process. All responsibilities identified below depend upon a collaborative working relationship with the Dean of the Graduate College, Graduate Program Directors, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and the Chair of the IRB.
• Development of curricular guidelines and co-curriculum programming related to research, grant writing, research integrity, and responsible conduct of research for faculty and students.
• Development of policy regarding the research process, responsible conduct of research, research integrity, intellectual property, and academic freedom.
• Development of systems and processes to support faculty and student research related to establishing professional networks, methodological consultation, data management, data analysis, statistical support, technical writing, and research dissemination.
• Facilitate the development of graduate assistantships, traineeships, and fellowships for graduate students.
• Work with faculty to develop their skills in teaching research and in mentoring students and new faculty in the conduct of research.
• Work with program directors to develop departmental research agendas to fulfill the overall research agenda of the Graduate College.
• Promote the interdisciplinary conduct of research and assist in the conceptual development of research projects, particularly facilitating obtainment of grants and extramural funding.
• Promote the visibility of the Graduate College around its research agenda and scholarly work.
• Other duties as assigned.
St. Catherine University aims to create an institution that facilitates the scholarship (broadly defined) and research productivity of its faculty and students. We seek creative, adaptable faculty who are comfortable with the mission of this Catholic institution and enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That website link is: https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/ . Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach an application letter of interest, CV, copy of transcripts and the contact information for 3 current references. Official transcripts, background check and education verification will be required for hire. For information, visit our website at www.stkate.edu or contact Dr. Penelope Moyers, Dean of the Graduate College, at email@example.com. Application review begins immediately. Preference will be given to applications received by January 15, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer, Tobacco-Free Campuses
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zh55cf3