Assistant Professor Master of Physician Assistant Studies
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis is a comprehensive Catholic university with the nation’s largest college for women at its center. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls over 5,200 students in associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in both traditional day and weekend formats. Associate and Graduate programs enroll both women and men.
The Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program invites applicants for a 12 month, part-time (.75 FTE), faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning June 1, 2013, to coordinate and teach research within the MPAS program.
Responsibilities: Research faculty will work under the direction of the curriculum director. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following.
• Review and revise MPAS research course sequence, research curriculum content, coordinate the research course sequence and serve as primary faculty instructor for research courses; overseeing competencies related to research in curriculum..
• Guide and support student research in the MPAS Program by directing student research projects from research design to implementation, analysis and dissemination and facilitate faculty development towards guiding student projects and supporting student research skills learning.
• Assist in dissemination and publication of student and faculty research, offer lessons learned interacting with externally to gather input into research design and focus; work directly with community partners to understand and contribute to dialogue about MPAS Program’s research and its relevance in community interaction.
• Investigate grant opportunities, write and develop grant proposals to support sustainability of a research program for the MPAS Program. Guide and assist other faculty to develop, write, and submit proposals.
• Be an active member of the MPAS Program faculty through collaboration and organizational development within the department and with other programs in the Henrietta Schmoll School of Health as well as supporting MPAS faculty research efforts, attending MPAS faculty meetings and retreats, and participating in University- and School-wide interprofessional research efforts.
Requirements: A masters or doctorate in a relevant field with experience in research, as well as in higher education, healthcare professions education or profession based research, is required. Must have the ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research studies and evaluation. Preference will be given to candidates with a track record of publishing academic articles, and working with graduate students and faculty. Experience in securing grants preferred.
Previous experience teaching in an academic or medical setting strongly preferred as is experience in research or graduate level project oversight. Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, must demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge and skills necessary in working with researchers and healthcare practitioners for the delivery of quality, patient centered care by PAs. Must handle timelines and priorities in a collaborative team environment, demonstrate enthusiasm about working across disciplines and community sectors and a strong commitment to fulfill the mission of the PA program and St. Catherine University. MPAS faculty will be expected to maintain medical and professional proficiencies through ongoing certification and pursuit of continuing education in areas of program need or areas of expertise necessary for increasing the capacity or strength of the program content delivery, student learning and clinical practice.
We seek creative, adaptable faculty who are comfortable with the mission of this Catholic institution and working in a campus climate that promotes multicultural understanding. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That website link is: https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/ . Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach an application letter, CV, copy of transcripts and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts, education verification and a background check will be required for employment. For information, visit our website www.stkate.edu or contact Heather Bidinger, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications begins January 1, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Smoke-Free Campuses