This job is no longer available
Top Career Solutions along with our client in Eden Prairie, MN have an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, Production Manager or designate; Provide daily supervision and administration for factory employees and production processes with key focus on: safety, productivity, throughput, and minimizing waste. Conduct business in accordance with company practices & policies.
RESPONSIBIITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate production work orders with material and equipment availability, employee count and order due-dates. Assign tasks to employees. Ensure materials and equipment are available.
- Solve production problems in a timely manner. Understand the MRP scheduling system and tools available to guide production decision making.
- Key contact between factory floor activities and Manufacturing Engineering, Sales and Product Development Engineering, Human Resources and the warehouse.
- Provide leadership in quality, waste reduction and continuous improvements.
- Build an efficient production team by providing training, coaching, and discipline as required to all employees in conjunction with Plant or Production Manager.
- Deal with employee problems with the aid and support of Human Resources.
- Understand safety policies and requirements and ensure all employees and processes are working in a safe manner. Encourage good housekeeping practices among employees. Work with all departments to gain support for the department and to maintain and improve processes and safety.
- Ensure the smooth efficient flow of products through cooperation with other department supervisors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Enrollment in Supervisory program recognized in the manufacturing industry or the equivalent of 10 years related experience within the company
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in factory operations and/or supervision
- College degree in supervisory, Management, Mechanical or Industrial field from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years of progressive supervisory experience reflecting a strong, ongoing commitment to training and team environment concepts with the ability to meet deadlines.