Provider Assistance Center Representative
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
As the Provider Assistance Center (PAC) Representative, you will provide accurate and timely responses/resolution to inquiries and complaints from providers. Respond to internal departments for routine requests and questions. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Answer, resolve, track and document telephone calls to the Provider Assistance Center in a timely and professional manner. Communicate effectively with internal departments and external customers regarding provider concerns and research and resolve issues as appropriate. Educate providers on policies and procedures related to our health care programs.
- Research and resolve all provider written inquiries through knowledge of contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Identify trends/issues that emerge in calls/correspondence, and inform Team Lead or Supervisor. Assist in the development and communication of resolutions to internal staff, as requested.
- Demonstrate and maintain a thorough and complete working knowledge of appropriate UCare information management systems and ACD telephone system.
- Maintain good working relationships and open communication with internal and external customers.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A two-year degree in health related or liberal arts field and medical coding knowledge/certification is preferred.
A minimum of one to two years experience in a healthcare setting, including: a physician's office, health insurance/HMO, or other community agency. A minimum of two years customer service experience required - preference given to candidates with call center experience. The ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast paced environment is necessary. A working knowledge of medical claims and/or medical billing processes is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft office, customer relationship management software and claims systems is desired.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.