This job is no longer available
Description: The Marketing Coordinator implements trade-focused marketing tactics to increase use of PRI content on public radio stations and via interactive distributors. The Coordinator supports PRI’s distribution activities by ensuring awareness of content initiatives to internal audiences. The Coordinator also supports the team by implementing digital and conference-based activities, identifying opportunities for promotional support, and strengthening PRI's customer relationships.
• Daily posting of promotional messages through social media vehicles; track engagement with promotional posts.
• Format and publish PRI's weekly e-newsletter to stations.
• Manage periodic mailings for programs as directed by Marketing Associate.
• Provide assistance in advance of industry conferences (shipping/tracking delivery of materials, gathering data on costs of receptions, etc.).
• Gather program-related promotional data for use in B2B and B2C communications.
• Serve as contact with stations, providing digital assets for their use in promoting content to listeners, understanding station needs for promotional materials, and promoting PRI's digital content for their use online.
• Manage the implementation schedule of promotional activities for all programs.
• Work with vendors to order/place print advertising.
• Gather program/producer information and publish in weekly internal communications to staff.
• Undergraduate degree with a focus on marketing planning; product management or marketing communications; interactive marketing and social networking experience of interest.
• Highly organized; self-directed; able to handle multiple projects and work under demanding schedules with the ability to develop and meet deadlines.
• Superior writing/editing skills, with knowledge of adapting pieces for use on Web.
• Proficiency in HTML.
• Working knowledge in the following: Flash, Photoshop, Fireworks, Web analytics, social media, streaming/on-demand audio and visual, blog, SEO, CSS, XML, other Web/programming languages.
• Willingness to travel and attend company functions and events outside the workday schedule.
As a member of PRI’s Marketing team you'll enjoy a diverse and rewarding culture in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, the option to participate in a 403(b) retirement savings plan and a transportation subsidy.
Send or e-mail resume, cover letter and salary needs by Dec. 31, 2012 to:
Public Radio International
ATTN: Human Resources
401 2nd Avenue North, Suite 500
Minneapolis, MN 55401
PRI embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer!
PRI: Hear a different voice™.
Learn more at www.pri.org.