The Construction Manager provides timely, accurate, and cost efficient services both in the office and in the field. Responsibilities may include project management, project oversight, planning, design, construction, and maintenance in our Transportation Group. Coordinate and assist with the development of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed and current projects with the Project Engineer or Project Manager.
· Assist in the preparation, modification and analysis of reports, maps, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits drawings, blueprints, tests, aerial photographs, project characteristics, and designs for projects.
· Prepare and monitor project budgets. Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensure accurate client billings, and monitor outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on projects.
· Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
· Assist in client contact, meetings, and communication and participate in project discussions, answer questions, and present alternatives.
· Serve as onsite project representative and designated client contact.
· Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
· Provides technical support to other staff in area of expertise.
· Provide all services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
· Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel may be required; may work overtime.
An Associate or Bachelors degree in an engineering curriculum, construction management curriculum or a related field is required and 5 years of experience. A minimum of a high school or GED diploma and 25+ years of applicable experience may be substituted. A PE or PLS registration is highly desired, but not require. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.