Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Desktop Analyst will leverage technical, customer service experience demonstrating strong service delivery and mentoring less senior staff. Consistently work collaboratively to delivery business solutions to improve business processes. Assist with the day to day operation of the infrastructure. Resolve issues related to the PCs and peripherals (and server systems as needed) in an efficient and effective manner to maximize the productivity. Assist users with PC hardware, software and network related issues and questions. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform initial setup and configuration of PCs and phones, including: installing and configuring the software on the PC and physical setup of the PC and phone at the users’ desk. Develop and coordinate efficient processes for rolling out hardware and software to users. Provide user orientation as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC, peripheral, mobile device and smart/IP phone related issues. Ensure problems are tracked and their resolutions are properly documented in the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Monitor disk space usage, network/system performance, backups and operational jobs to ensure they are functioning normally. Assist with Windows server installs and server hardware and software upgrades/patching, including afterhours maintenance as needed.
- Manage and maintain Active Directory to ensure objects are in the correct containers with the proper security.
- Manage Service Desk tickets to ensure that customer needs are fulfilled in a timely manner. Escalate tickets as appropriate to other teams. Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Help develop and maintain Service Desk documentation/knowledge base. Review documents on annual basis to ensure documentation is current.
- Collaborate with IT, business team members, and vendors to maximize business productivity and continuously improve UCare’s systems.
- Setup, connect and configure Remote office/Work-at-Home users and provide support to ensure access/functionality to UCare's network.
Research and recommend PC and peripheral related hardware and software solutions.
Three to five years' experience providing enterprise technical, customer support and three to five years' experience providing enterprise remote and desk side support for Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications, VOIP, VPN, PCs and peripherals, including mobile devices. Strong understanding of AD is required. Functional understanding of Exchange, Windows Server, LAN/WAN, SCCM, and VMware virtualization is preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent required. General networking course work preferred. MCP/MTA certification. MCSA/MCTS or other industry certification a plus.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.