Security Training & Proc Specialist
Monitors and develops department procedures to ensure consistency and effectiveness of operations. Coordinates and facilitates Security training programs to ensure department performance standards are met.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, data base, presentation, electronic mail, and job specific scheduling software.
- One year experience as a Security supervisor.
- One year experience with interviewing and training responsibilities.
- 1 year use of force instruction.
- Knowledge in defensive tactics ex. ( PPCT, Krav Maga, Verbal Judo, chemical spray and impact weapons.)
- Schedules, oversees, and conducts classroom instruction of training classes for Security team members, supervisors, and shift managers. Coordinates and monitors department Title 31 training and testing. Maintains and tracks attendance and test results.
- At the direction of the Director of Security or the Compliance Officer, researches, develops, technically writes, recommends, implements, and monitors department procedures. Evaluates current procedures for effectiveness based on training results and revises or updates as necessary.
- Coordinates, researches, and develops curricula for technical and soft skills training programs for frontline team members, supervisors, and shift managers, in conjunction with Human Resources Development. Reviews and updates as necessary.
- Works with Employment department to interview and recommend new hires and promotions.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of training programs in conjunction with Human Resources Development.
- Selects, coordinates, and trains, and evaluates the performance of team members designated as department mentors.