Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary professionals to integrate nursing interventions into a comprehensive plan of care to enhance patient outcomes
- Develops and implements educational programs within Critical Care
- Works collaboratively to develop solutions to nursing practice issues
- Leads multidisciplinary quality improvement teams within clinical specialty
- Evaluates organizational policies for their ability to support and sustain outcomes of programs of care
- Documents and disseminates outcomes of system-wide changes, impacts of nursing practice, and CNS work to stakeholders
- Minimum Master's Degree in Nursing within clinical specialty
- Current Minnesota RN license
- Certification as CNS or granted waiver as CNS from the Minnesota Board of Nursing prior to July 7, 2007, or certification within six months after completion of an advanced practice registered nurse course of study
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience in Critical Care
- Interdisciplinary collaboration, negotiation, and delegation
- Consensus building and problem solving
- Planning, organizing personnel management and conflict management/resolution
- Creativity and team building
- Evidence of written/verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Quality and Performance Improvement Plan Management
- Proven skill with the development and implementation of nursing education
- Implementation of Clinical Best Practices
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full or Part Time: 28 - 40 hours per week
- Day/Evening shift
- Occasional weekends
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA