This job is no longer available
CPA Global is the world's top intellectual property (IP) management specialist, and a leading provider of legal services outsourcing (LSO). With offices across Europe, the United States, and Asia Pacific, CPA Global supports many of the world’s best known corporations and law firms with a range of IP and broader legal services, helping them to manage risk, cost and capacity, and realize greater value for their businesses and their IP assets.
We are currently looking to hire an IP Consultant in our Minneapolis office.
The IP Consultant is in charge of the software law implementation and the support for customers as part of the Law Update Service (LUS). This person provides IP business consulting services to customers and other company units.
- Analyze IP legal requirements to meet software clients and CPA Global business’ needs
- Implement country law prosecution and law changes
- Gather IP law and client requirements and translate them to functional specifications
- Insure the quality of the law updates through intensive testing and deep analysis of the consequences for clients
- Provide specialized support to clients and other company units
- Provide business consulting services involving worldwide travels
- Assist customers and optimize the management of their IP portfolio (ie. customization, internal workflows...)
- Conduct internal & client meetings in relation with law features (ie. webinars, conferences, Law advisory councils,...)
- Train and assist new comers and offshore team
- Track software defects following a thorough quality assurance process
- Assist with cost and schedule estimates for business proposals
- Promote the Law Update Service
- Create user and internal documentation based on CPA Global and ISO standards
- Develop and implement training plans for new comers
- Develop and implement test plans for the IPLS and QA teams
- Develop and implement quality standards and metrics
- Provide timely law bulletins
- Develop permanent and consistent IP & software knowledge
- Coordinate law implementation in line with CPA Renewals’ policy
- Directly support and educate CPA Global colleagues and clients worldwide on IP laws and the services provided by IP Legal Services
- Participate in mentoring activities for other members of the off-shore team
- Coordinate, review and score the activities of an offshore team
- Assist the Professional services in their consulting, training and support activities
- Work closely and directly with the product team on software’s enhancements
- 3-year IP work experience in Patent, Trademark and Design grant prosecutions
- Ability to work in a software environment
- Excellent client communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Communicate efficiently with the offshore team to reduce the distance gap
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Flexible can do attitude whilst multi tasking to ensure high level client satisfaction.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads and work well under pressure.
- Self motivated and able to perform with minimal supervision
- Can work under own initiative, but is still a strong team player, with the ability to help others within the team where needed.
- Service oriented with continual focus on clients’ and colleagues’ needs
- Considers work from customer’s perspective to ensure customer’s needs are met.
- Must be solutions focused
- Ability to deliver to deadlines, and following up on commitments
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with US/European/Indian teams
- Assertiveness and comfort working with colleagues at all levels of the business worldwide, as well as directly with clients
- Demonstrate a positive manner in being committed to personal and team success against determined targets
To apply, please click apply now to email your resume or visit our website at www.cpaglobal.com.