Procedure Scheduler (Imaging Center)
This job has now expired
The Procedure Scheduler schedules or coordinates the scheduling of all outpatient procedures, labs, and follow-up clinic appointments with any other medical appointments ordered by providers to ensure high level of patient satisfaction. Monitors patient flow to ensure schedule is maintained or optimized, and staff resources are efficiently used. Ensures popper preparatory instructions are provided to the patient. Determines where exams can be performed and schedules them at the center or hospital. Coordinates clinic, imaging and other medical appointments. Greet patients, verifies and completes necessary information for registration, charge capture and referral management process. Validates insurance coverage. Validates diagnosis relative to the appropriateness of ordered exams. Resolves problems regarding exam orders and maintains/coordinates medical information and records. Explains exams in common language and technical terms to patients. Explains preps to clinic staff and/or patients. Provides secretarial support to clinic providers and the clinic manager.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of general medical terminology
- Proven experience practicing good public relations, customer service, time management, prioritization and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Three years medical support experience or medical related education required
- Previous patient scheduling, medical records and patient registration experience
- Knowledge or the ability to learn IDX, PACS, and EPIC software.
- Excellent patient relations skills
- Strong telephone and computer usage skills
- Good knowledge and use of radiology and medical terminology
- Three years of radiology office experience and/or training including patient scheduling, procedure scheduling, medical records and patient registration
- Experience using IDX, PACS, and EPIC software
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.