CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – FT- St. Paul
CommonBond Communities, a nationally recognized provider of affordable housing and support services for residents, is looking for a full time individual to work as a Construction Project Manager at our Central office location in St. Paul. The responsibility of the Construction Project Manager is to coordinate and supervise the construction process from pre-construction through final construction, making sure that the project gets completed on time and within budget. This position requires working with the Acquisition and Development Project Managers, Property Managers, engineers, architects, contractors, and others who are involved in the process.
- Four year degree in construction management or equivalent experience
- 10 years exp in multi-family construction preferred
- Experience in construction project managment
- Experience in owners represenitive practices and procedures
- Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices.
- Experience with substantial rehabilitation.
- Experience in construction document handling and administration.
- Experience in organizing and managing cost estimating, bidding, buyout and scheduling procedures.
- Familiarity with Green Communities requirements and green building techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of Labor Unions, Davis-Bacon requirements, prevailing wage, government contracting/bidding, sales-tax exemption
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage job costs and implement steps to maximize profit.
- Able to solve complex problems associated with the management of costs and schedules.
- Able to manage consultants and staffing and delegate tasks to complete
- goals, objectives and schedules.
- Excellence in client relations and customer service both internally and externally
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word/Excel
- Must be comfortable in both professional office and field work
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to enter data into a computer, adding maching and calculator..
- Able to kneel, crouch, stoop, walk, climb stairs, stand and squat or perform property inspections and tours.
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively between sites as necessary
Interested candidates may click Apply now, or mail resume to:
328 West Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
Employees and residents encouraged to apply. CBC Is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse work environment; individuals with disabilities and minorities are encouraged to apply.