This job is no longer available
Carleton College welcomes applications for an Assistant to the Vice President and Treasurer. This full time position provides administrative support to the Vice President & Treasurer and manages the workflow of the office. Primary responsibilities include managing the Vice President’s calendar and preparing for meetings; serving as primary point of contact for the office and facilitating communication with both internal and external constituents; research, prioritize, and follow-up on multiple projects including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Must be able to effectively multi-task, display good judgment and make sound decisions.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office; develops procedures and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Maintain the Vice President’s calendar of appointments, meeting schedules, travel, and tickler files. Prepare the Vice President for meetings by assembling and distributing appropriate materials and completing necessary research.
- Represent the Vice President diplomatically and accurately to faculty, staff, administrative offices, students, Trustees, and constituents outside the College and facilitate communication to/from the Vice President. Provide assistance in the understanding of College policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, recognize, and follow through on priority issues. Provide assistance and support to the Vice President in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Vice President’s direct reports and delegates to facilitate the work of the division and to ensure accurate flow of information between offices/departments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain permanent legal, licensure, and property files and work with the respective legal counsel when required.
- Screen the Vice President’s mail and telephone calls, draft letters, prepare reports to the Trustees, research and draft other reports as needed.
- Attend various committee meetings and activities.
- Oversee initiatives and/or special projects of significance to the institution and/or the community, as appropriate.
- Post-high school education with a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience for a high-level executive required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral; exceptional organizational and managerial skills.
- High productivity and accuracy in details; and strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, website management).
- Must be able to work effectively with all types of employees, stay calm and tactful under pressure, and use good judgment in setting priorities and making decisions.
- Must be an independent worker and excellent ambassador for the Vice President & Treasurer’s office and for the College as a whole.
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous experience working in higher education is preferred.
- Familiarity with budget planning, fiscal control, and accounting principles desirable.
If interested, apply online at http://jobs.carleton.edu. Please include a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references with your online application. Carleton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.