Assistant to the Vice President and Treasurer
Carleton College welcomes applications for an Assistant to the Vice President and Treasurer. This full time position provides administrative support to the Vice President & Treasurer and manages the workflow of the office. Primary responsibilities include managing the Vice President’s calendar and preparing for meetings; serving as primary point of contact for the office and facilitating communication with both internal and external constituents; research, prioritize, and follow-up on multiple projects including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Must be able to effectively multi-task, display good judgment and make sound decisions.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office; develops procedures and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Maintain the Vice President’s calendar of appointments, meeting schedules, travel, and tickler files. Prepare the Vice President for meetings by assembling and distributing appropriate materials and completing necessary research.
- Represent the Vice President diplomatically and accurately to faculty, staff, administrative offices, students, Trustees, and constituents outside the College and facilitate communication to/from the Vice President. Provide assistance in the understanding of College policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, recognize, and follow through on priority issues. Provide assistance and support to the Vice President in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Vice President’s direct reports and delegates to facilitate the work of the division and to ensure accurate flow of information between offices/departments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain permanent legal, licensure, and property files and work with the respective legal counsel when required.
- Screen the Vice President’s mail and telephone calls, draft letters, prepare reports to the Trustees, research and draft other reports as needed.
- Attend various committee meetings and activities.
- Oversee initiatives and/or special projects of significance to the institution and/or the community, as appropriate.
- Post-high school education with a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience for a high-level executive required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral; exceptional organizational and managerial skills.
- High productivity and accuracy in details; and strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, website management).
- Must be able to work effectively with all types of employees, stay calm and tactful under pressure, and use good judgment in setting priorities and making decisions.
- Must be an independent worker and excellent ambassador for the Vice President & Treasurer’s office and for the College as a whole.
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous experience working in higher education is preferred.
- Familiarity with budget planning, fiscal control, and accounting principles desirable.
If interested, apply online at http://jobs.carleton.edu. Please include a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references with your online application. Carleton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.