Civil Engineer II or III
The Civil Engineer II / III plans, designs, reviews, and directs timely, accurate, and cost efficient engineering services both in the office and in the field. Responsibilities include planning, design, construction, and maintenance services for airport projects. This individual will also direct, coordinate, and supervise staff.
· Provide services for civil engineering airport projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of subconsultants and contractors.
· Provide engineering services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
· Project manager, client manager, and project engineer on designated projects.
· This is a leadership position with a supervisory role which also includes MAPs evaluations, staff performance and behavior, and team building efforts.
· Coordination of business development, marketing strategy, and handling of project financials.
· Provide direction and review for and support to the group by leading design aspects of projects; instructing, training, and mentoring group members and support staff; and adhering to project budget and schedule.
· Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work.
· Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
· Marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm, prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitors backlog.
· Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews.
· Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings.
· Client contact and communication.
· Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
· Public involvement includes speaking and meeting with stakeholders as well as working with staff to produce reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material.
· Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Serve as onsite project representative.
· Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties. Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel is required; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.
A Bachelors degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required and 8+ years of experience. A PE (Professional Engineer) license is required and the individual must become registered in the state of South Dakota within 6 months of employment. Experience with airports is preferred but not required. Maintain competency in and serve as major firm resource in field of expertise. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.
· Able to analyze an airport and identify facilities.
· GIS familiarity preferred, but not required.
· AutoCAD and Civil 3D familiarity preferred, but not required.