School Assessment Coordinator
To review the school’s assessment systems for planning and accurately identify student learning rates in order to ensure student’s meet expected achievement goals.
- Review school assessment systems to inform short and long term academic planning.
- Assist in training of all staff in the development of day to day assessment strategies in the classroom (i.e. questioning, observing, discussing, analyzing work etc).
- Develop the involvement of pupils in the assessment of their own learning (i.e. building shared understanding of curricular targets, self and peer assessment through written and oral feedback).
- To be part of the school management team, advising the C & I Specialist, Executive Director and School Board and staff on all matters linked with assessment, recording and reporting.
- To take the lead in managing, reviewing and updating the systems and timetables for assessment, recording and reporting throughout the whole school.
- To support and advise colleagues in their work with issues linked to assessment.
- With the C & I Specialist, analyze student performance data from a variety of sources to inform future curriculum developments and learning targets.
Recording and Assessment:
- Work with the C & I Specialist and Executive Director on the effectiveness of provision for pupils and to include an annual development plan and contribute to the Annual Report to Parents.
- Have input to the target setting process for raising achievement for pupils in the subject area and feedback to the C & I Specialist.
- Monitor progress across throughout the school and ensure appropriate action plans are in place where issues are identified.
- Collect and interpret assessment data.
work experience requirements
- Candidate must have at least one year of professional experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting academic data.
- Candidate must have earned B.A., a graduate degree and MDE teaching license preferred.