Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Critical Care RN Recruitment Pipeline
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Patient Care Facilities
42 Allina Medical Clinic sites
12 Aspen Medical Group sites
5 Quello Clinic sites
23 Hospital-based clinics
15 Community pharmacy sites
3 Ambulatory care center
This requisition is not an actual job vacancy announcement. This requisition serves to establish a pipeline of interested candidates for current and future Staff RN opportunities within our Critical Care Units throughout Allina Health.
For Internal Applicants: Internal employees to Allina Health are encouraged to apply directly to job openings through the AKN so that proper seniority can be determined
- The ICU or Crititcal Care Units continuously provide a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and education to meet the diverse physical, emotional and education al needs of the community in a safe, respectful environment.
- The RN practices professional nursing to provide patient care through the use of the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- The RN provides coordination of all nursing care from the point of admission through discharge.
- The RN works in the collaboration with the multi disciplinary tem members
- The RN appropriately delegates nursing care to other direct care team members.
Allina Health is always on the lookout for talented, challenge-oriented and experienced RNs for our Intensive Care (ICU) and Critical Care Units. Throughout our 11 Hospitals, Allina Health may or may not have an immediate opportunity that fits your unique experience and skill set, we encourage those interested to complete this application so that our Recruitment team will have you on our ‘radar’ as new positions open that may pose a strong match in a Critical Care setting. As new opportunities arise, our Recruitment Team may connect with you to determine next steps.
*** Please be sure to complete all application questions, as the requested information is critical to our ability to effectively match your application with relevant opportunities at Allina Health. ***
- MInimum of 1 year of experience as an Registered Nurse (RN) in a acute care Telemetry Unit with the ability to monitor and interpret EKGs.
- ICU or Critical Care experience highly preferred.
- Graduate of an RN program inclusive of clinical rotations in an acute care facility and accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (part of American Association of Colleges of Nursing) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- All applicants must have a current RN license for the state in which the position is located prior to the start of employment.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Shifts and FTE will vary by job opening and facility.
Shifts may include Day, Evening, Night, Day/Evening Rotation or Day/Night Rotation. Weekend rotations will be required. A typical shift length is 8 hour shifts, but may vary by facility.
Various FTEs available. At Allina Health a Staff RN with a .4 FTE (16 hours per week) are benefit eligible.
Registered Nurse positions at some of our facilities are part of a collective bargaining agreement and will be part of the MNA Union.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA