Business Analyst - RN
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- The focus of the position is on the use of information technology to design and build clinical order sets and to collaborate in development of new/improved tools for clinical decision making of clinicians, staff, and patients for Allina Health affiliate hospitals.
- Supports clinical requirements gathering, and assesses and refines clinical needs.
- Works with appropriate manager and /or CDS Operations Director to identify appropriate clinical personnel for Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
- Collaborates with appropriate clinical domain experts to facilitate timely completion of Clinical knowledge development or maintenance tasks.
- Facilitates definition of functional design requirements.
- Analyzes and interprets data and information.
- Identifies potential opportunities for order set, discharge writer, and patient education improvements.
- Identifies and monitors clinical decision support tool trends.
- Communicates information with clinical community.
- Participates in definition and validation of Allina-standard and facility -specific workflows.
- Ensures quality of order sets development/maintenance through compliance with defined change control standards.
- Participates in identification and incorporation of specific best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Collaborates with information systems personnel and stakeholders to identify clinical system capabilities and limitations for order sets and other clinical tools.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. Must have current RN license.
- Minimum 3 years in clinical role and previous work experience with process improvement /business applications in broader and complex areas.
- Prior experience with clinical information systems and process optimization.
- Experience in healthcare operations, specifically with nursing care delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provider needs and requirements for clinical decision support, specifically for order sets.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to actively participate in CDS order sets activities, including identification / implementation of best practices.
- Ability to support a collaborative approach to order sets activities, including identification / implementation of best practices.
- Ability to support a collaborative approach to order sets content / tool development, maintenance and improvement across multiple clinical disciplines.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on skills with tools / strategies for electronic management and delivery of order sets.
- Ability to perform reviews of literature to identify strategies, requirements, and impacts for order sets development / implementation.
- Solid computer aptitude and ability to apply information systems concepts and principles.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
- Day Shift, Monday - Friday
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA