Pharmacy Technician with Certification
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
St. Francis Regional Medical Center, located in Shakopee, Minn., is jointly owned by Allina Health, Benedictine Health System, and Park Nicollet Health Services. It provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, and emergency care services to more than 115,000 patients each year on a collaborative medical campus with more than 30 other providers. This unique structure enables St. Francis to combine the caring and compassion of a community hospital with the modern medical technology, specialties, and services found in the metro area. St. Francis has 800 employees, 400 physicians and 86 staffed beds.
Follow strict aseptic requirements in preparing chemotherapy and IV admixtures, syringes and other aseptically prepared products.
Prepare and deliver medications and supplies, compound products including packaging of medications in unit dose or unit of use packaging.
Pyxis- related responsibilities
Other responsibilities as outlined in job description.
- High School graduate, prefer graduate of Pharmacy Tech program
- Must be a registered Pharmacy Technician for the State of Minnesota and have a current Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Hospital Pharmacy experience or Graduate of Pharmacy Technician program or at least 2 years of Retail Pharmacy experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Math skills, accurate reading skills and the ability to handle pharmacy terminology
- Self motivation with a strong emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work to meet customer needs
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a team
- Ability to differentiate work a technician is able to perform with that requiring a pharmacist
- Pharmacy Technician Certification-PTCB
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part Time Position (20 Hours/Week)
- Day/Evening Shift
- Every Other Weekend
- L113 Contract
- Variable Work Schedule
City of Shakopee is located in the southwest corner of the Twin Cities metropolitan area, 23 miles from Minneapolis, on the Minnesota River. Residents of Shakopee enjoy both the atmosphere of a small town and the resources of a thriving metropolitan area. Incorporated in 1857 as a booming river town, today Shakopee is the county seat of Scott County, one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The city has its own downtown central business district, regional medical center and business park and is home to regional entertainment attractions such as Historic Murphy's Landing, Valleyfair Amusement Park, and Canterbury Park Racetrack.
- Located 20 miles Southwest of the Twin Cities
- Population = 34,000
- Service Area = 120,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA