This job is no longer available
TempForce, a locally-owned and premiere staffing service in the Twin Cities, is seeking a pre-owned lot worker for a busy dealership in the southwestern suburbs. Full time schedule with a mix of days/evenings/ Saturday hours. This is an exciting temporary to hire opportunity. Great benefits package available!
Inspects and maintains vehicles, performs a damage inspection and maintains vehicles on the lot in an orderly manner. Assist sales with customer service and training on vehicles operation/feature. Ensures that all inventory is lot ready and posted to appropriate websites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Update inventory daily on dealer daily
2. Verify stock numbers match inventory
3. Monthly physical inventory to include previously RDR’ed car list and ensuring accuracy
4. Input lease returns on computer
5. Ensures vehicles are kept in a neat orderly fashion on lots and easily located with photos posted to appropriate websites and revised as necessary
6. Transfer and delivery of stock
1. Assist service, customers, leasing companies and brokers to understand the operation and features of car (i.e. Bluetooth, Navigation, Key Fob, Programming)
2. Assist with the company’s courtside and golf tournaments to include delivery of giveaways or vehicles, set up and maintenance; tear down of exhibits.
3. Assist with special events (i.e. chauffeuring customers to and from event; driving for commercials)
4. Chauffeuring customers (i.e. Delivery, airport runs, service work, home programming)
1. Checks vehicles to ensure in proper working condition; coordinates repairs with appropriate department.
2. Ensure tank is full; interior and exterior are clean, with trunks free of loose dirt and debris
3. Coordinates with service when battery requires replacement or tires are low
4. Weekly maintenance of demo’s for managers
5. Assist owners with special errands, programming equipment, vehicle setup and maintenance
6. Maintain grounds, landscape, lighting/bulbs, special event banners, minor maintenance, organize storage areas
7. Organize sales brochures in storage area
8. Snow removal from grounds
Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
*1. Six months related experience or training preferred; with knowledge of high import vehicles.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions; and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
4. Ability to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
5. Valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record and at least age 18 years of age required to drive company or customer vehicles.
1. Regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms; required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear and smell.
2. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
4. Must be able to work a predictable and consistent schedule as determined by management and business conditions.