This job is no longer available
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Long term Contract position
Doherty Staffing is currently hiring a Warehouse Operations Supervisor to work in a shipping facility. This person will have key responsibilities in supervising operations related to receiving, processing, sorting and shipping operations, as well coordinating with facility administrative activities.
· Supervise the activities of staff in receiving, processing, sorting and shipping operations in a timely, cost effective manner, consistent with established operations procedures and USPS requirements.
· Manage 20-30 temporary warehouse workers.
· Meet or exceed productivity goals established for mail operations functions.
· Ensure accuracy of processing and preparation operations in accordance requirements, customer requests, and established procedures.
· Train assigned on-site staff and follow-up to ensure work is accurate and complete.
· Assure that operational supplies are on-hand and available at all times.
· Plan and recommend appropriate staff levels consistent with workload demands.
· Maintain a clean and orderly environment in all operations areas of the Regional Processing Facility.
· Maintain confidentiality of all internal systems, procedures, customer data and personnel information.
· 2+ years supervisory experience in Warehouse environment
· Knowledge of USPS shipping is required
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Previous experience managing 20 or more employees
· Experience training employees on proper procedures
· High School diploma