Business Analyst - IT
If you want a challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced, dynamic environment that makes you excited to come to work, then keep reading!
We are excited about our growth and career opportunities at Regis and are currently seeking an IT Business Analyst. This position serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. The Business Analyst also possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
The Business Analyst leads the gathering of business needs and requirements as well as assisting with the design of the solution. The Business Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis, review, documentation and communication of the requirements to the project team. The Business Analyst must also understand and be aware of outcomes and impacts of new requirements to ensure they are aligned with both the technical and business objectives.
- Works with business partners to align technology solutions with business strategies, and to identify business requirements.
- Translates business requirements into functional specifications, as well as manages changes to such specifications.
- Develops user stories and tasks while participating on Agile teams
- Works as a member of cross functional teams to help design solutions
- Works closely with the IT team on development and updates of system applications to provide insight during solution development
- Works with IT team to ensure requirements are met; interfaces with Tech Writers and Trainers to ensure documentation needs are met.
- Functions as a subject matter, process, and operational expert to conduct demos and/or end-user training
- Collaborates with developers/testers to ensure requirements are understood and test plans are complete; ensures traceability of testing to requirements
- Performs end-user support as needed during the project lifecycle.
- Identifies opportunities for IT Simplification and requirements reuse.
- Ensures that processes and deliverables are well documented; actively works to share knowledge with others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, OR equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings and work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to determine and document comprehensive user requirements using a wide variety of techniques (e.g. Business Requirements Analysis, Use Case Design, Technical Specification Analysis & High Level Design)
- Able to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure and work in unsupervised environment (i.e. self-motivated, flexible)
- Understanding of Quality Assurance, Project Management and SDLC methodology (e.g. Iterative, Waterfall, Agile) principles
- Experience in developing process models, activity diagrams, UML models and process flows
- UAT and Validation Testing experience
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is preferred.
- Retail Industry experience preferred
Who Regis Is:
Regis Corporation is a multibillion-dollar enterprise and the global leader in beauty salons, and cosmetology education. The Company owns franchises or holds ownership interests in approximately 10,000 worldwide locations. System-wide, these and other concepts are located in the U.S. and in over 30 other countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Visit our website to learn more at: www.regiscorp.com.
Our employees are important to us, we are proud to the following generous benefits and discounts: Medical,Dental,Vision,Life Insurance,Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan,401K Plan,Profit Sharing Plan,529 College Savings Plan,Company Provided Lunch,many other product discounts from local businesses.
An Equal Opportunity Employer