This job is no longer available
Openings are available at our stores in Eden Prarie, Maplewood, Rogers, St. Paul, Champlin, St. Louis Park and St. Cloud.
We are seeking dependable, friendly and motivated individuals to join our team. If you have the energy to succeed, & are committed to providing first class customer service we have an exceptional opportunity available.
Whether you are an entry level or seasoned sales representative, this is an outstanding opportunity to start a rewarding career with ApplianceSmart.
Previous sales experience in appliances, furniture or other big ticket items is always a plus, BUT, an outgoing personailty and the willingness to learn is more important!
- Serves customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of successful sale.
- Establish professional, yet personalized rapport with the customer upon contact; by phone or in person.
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information, and establishing trust with the customer to close of sale.
- Describing and promoting product in line with customer's express needs as well as promoting purchase of related products, sale of maintenance agreements, etc.
- Promote extended warranty/maintenance agreements, parts and accessories purchase.
- Assure customer understanding of pricing, terms of sale and warranty, delivery schedule, guarantees, financing, etc.
- Accurately and comprehensively prepare any and all paperwork, invoice, receipt, sold tag, out of box sheet, warranty information as set forth in company procedures, reviewing all in detail with customer. Obtain all necessary signatures and correct payment.
- Assist as necessary with loading of appliance into customer vehicles.
- Assist with unloading of supply trucks as needed.
- Handle all monies and receipts in accurate and secure manner, following procedural instructions for deposits, recordkeeping, security measures, etc.
- Keep up to date of new product information.
- Keep up to date on competitor sale prices -shop competitors.
- Adhere to all pricing and procedural requirements.
- Protect the company's assets from internal/external theft.
- Maintain exemplary housekeeping standards to include floor inventory presentation, appearance of sales floor and safe customer areas.
- Responsible for cleaning of appliances, bathrooms, breakroom and store.
Essential Skills and Experience
A commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Availability to work flexible schedule, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with co-workers as wells as customers.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Familiarity with basic sales techniques
- Previous sales experience with verifiable positive track record of success, preferably in the area of appliances or big ticket items
Education and Experience
- High School graduate, or equivalent
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds on repetitive basis, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance.
- Criminal Background check, pre-employment physical, and Drug Test
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
Working conditions are normal for a retail/warehouse environment. Floor is usually hard surface – usually concrete or tile. Some retail locations have carpeting. Heating and air-conditioning may be limited – depending on location.
We offer cometitive wage and an excellent commission structure along with outstanding benefits that include: Health, dental, life, STD, 401(k), paid vac, sick & holidays. Screening requires: Pre-employment physical, Drug Screen, & Background check.
To apply, please submit resume and please include salary history or salary requirements by e-mail or fax to:
Email: Click Apply Now
We are an e-verify employer
EEO Employer M/F/D/V