Senior Aquatics Coordinator (White Bear Area YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the White Bear Area YMCA has an opening for a dynamic Senior Aquatics Coordinator to join our team!
The Senior Aquatics Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing various program areas of the aquatics department. The incumbent will provide quality customer service and ensure a safe, fun, and positive environment in the pool area. The coordinator will have the authority to act independently and within guidelines in matters of staff hiring, training, and supervision.
- Assist Director in planning, coordinating, and promoting aquatic activities.
- Act independently and within guidelines in recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of part-time staff.
- In the absence of Aquatics Director, supervise the pool and all activities.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants.
- Assist with the design and implementation of in-service training sessions.
- Assist the Director with budget development and management.
- Be available to work hands on in programs as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of two years experience in the area of aquatics.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR Professional Rescuer, AED. Oxygen Administration required within 30 days of hire.
- Current ARC or YMCA Lifeguard.
- YMCA Swim Instructor Certifications within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum 1 year of supervision experience. (YMCA Coordinator fulfills this requirement)
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to think in the abstract, solve problems, make decisions, instruct, evaluate, supervise staff, and act as a role model.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- At least one year experience in a YMCA setting.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 10/26/2012 for first consideration.