This job is no longer available
The Surveyor III, or Registered Land Surveyor (LS), provides professional land surveying services in a timely, accurate, and cost efficient manner both in the office and in the field. This individual may also supervise staff. Duties and who this individual reports to will fluctuate between projects and offices.
· Provide professional surveying services and oversight of simultaneous projects to produce results which will exceed client expectations and community standards.
- Survey the surface of the earth to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining or other purposes.
- Planning, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, reports, maps, plats, deeds, local geography, physical evidence, legal descriptions, and research.
- Construction staking, various surveys, data collection, GPS, GIS mapping, construction observation, field investigation, field review, and coordination of subconsultants and contractors.
· Must have thorough knowledge of effective practices, methods, techniques, and equipment of land surveying.
· Provide surveying services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
· This is a leadership position with a supervisory role which plans, organizes, coordinates, prioritizes, assigns, and monitors the work of subordinate employees and field survey crews. This also includes MAPs evaluations, staff performance and behavior, and team building efforts. This may also include the duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager.
· Provide direction and review for and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper survey practices and techniques; instructing, training, and mentoring group members and support staff; and adhering to project budget and schedule.
· Coordination of business development, marketing strategy, and handling of project financials.
· Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work.
· Establish, maintain, supervise, and monitor client relationships and strategies.
· Marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm, prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitors backlog.
· Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews.
· Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings, along with training seminars.
· Client contact and communication. Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
· Public involvement includes speaking and meeting with stakeholders and clients.
· Provide surveying services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
· Perform responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel is required; may work overtime, as needed to complete the required surveying task.
At a minimum, a four year degree in surveying or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required and 10+ years of experience. A LS is required and being registered within one year in the state your primary surveying work is completed in. Maintains competency in and serves as major firm resource in field of expertise. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.