Member Service Advisor (River Valley YMCA)
This job has now expired
The River Valley YMCA is seeking a dynamic Member Service Advisor to join our team.
The Member Service Advisor assists the Member Service Director in providing strong leadership to the Member Service staff in order to achieve membership retention goals and ensure the overall delivery of excellent customer service to all members, participants, and guests. The Member Service Advisor assists the Member Service Director in recruiting, staffing, training, and supervision of the membership team and handles the day to day operations of the member services desk.
- Assist the Member Service Director and membership team with implementation of member retention initiatives, ensuring timeliness and consistency.
- Provide work direction for part time member service staff.
- Play a leadership role in providing excellent customer service to members and staff.
- Perform the day to day operations of the member services desk to ensure that operations run smoothly. This may include processing memberships and registrations, assisting with tracking, retaining, and contacting current and new members, managing comment cards, updating bulletin boards, ordering and maintaining adequate supplies, maintaining the membership computer system, assisting with financial assistance and special events, providing facility tours, and responding to member’s questions and concerns.
- Assist the Director in implementing marketing initiatives for membership and all branch programs as needed.
- Work closely with the Member Service Director on continual process improvement for front desk operations and ensure financial integrity for members.
Qualifications - Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1 years experience in customer service or related area
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Knowledge of cash receipting
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and creative
- Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Provide backup for the Membership Sales Advisors in touring prospective new members