This job is no longer available
Faculty Position Announcement:
Assistant Professor of Teacher Education
Northland College, a traditional liberal arts and sciences college with a unique focus on the environment and sustainability, has an opening for an outstanding teacher educator to serve as a partner in developing unique and prominent programs. The College offers unique teaching, research, and service opportunities because of our distinctly experiential brand of liberal arts education, focus on the environment and other issues of sustainability, beautiful and vibrant location, and relationships with area schools working positively with large populations of Native American students.
Minimum professional qualifications:
- Doctorate or ABD (to be completed within one year of hire) in education or a related field from a regionally accredited institution by August 31, 2013;
- A minimum of five years successful full-time classroom teaching experience at elementary school level, with an emphasis on literacy and reading instruction;
- Successful experience working collaboratively with PK-12 educators;
- Interest in innovative approaches to teacher preparation;
- Additional areas of expertise or special interest in differentiating instruction for diverse students, Native American education, experiential education philosophies and pedagogy, environmental science, and/or integration of academic content.
This tenure track, full-time position carries the rank of Assistant Professor and begins in the 2013-2014 academic year. Leadership opportunities may be available for qualified candidates. Pairs of teacher educator applicants may be considered. A portion of the teaching load for this position will include school-based supervision and mentoring of pre-service teachers. Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2013, with a late August start date. The College anticipates that search will conclude with a successful offer in March 2013; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Complete position description, qualifications and our online application procedure can be found at: http://www.northland.edu/jobs AA/EOE