Aquatics Coordinator (Andover YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the Andover YMCA has an exciting opportunity for an Aquatics Coordinator to join our team.
The Aquatics Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing various program areas of the Aquatics Department. The incumbent will provide quality customer service and ensure a safe, fun, and positive environment in the pool area.
- Assist Director in planning, coordinating and promoting aquatic activities.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants.
- Work hands-on in various aspects of aquatics including, lifeguard and swim instruction.
- Assist with the design and implementation of in-service training sessions.
- In the absence of Aquatics Director or Senior Aquatics Coordinator, supervise the pool, all activities and staff.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum 1 year experience in aquatics.
- Minimum 6 months experience as a lead worker or 6 months as a YMCA Lead Staff.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/PR, AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration, ARC or YMCA lifeguard certification
- Certifications required within 60 days of hire: YMCA Swim Instructor.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and ages, including staff, members, volunteers, and community representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct, evaluate, and role model.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make independent decisions.
- Self directed and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA
Qualifications - Preferred
- At least one year experience in a YMCA setting.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- Must have the physical ability to perform all rescue and teaching techniques.