Quality Improvement Specialist
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Quality Improvement Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of one or more evidence based health improvement programs as they relate to the UCare strategic and annual quality plan. This position will have primary accountability for leading teams, coordinating and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, meeting project objectives and reporting to regulatory entities and leadership on project status and outcomes. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all project management and process improvement activities as they relate to designated projects
- Responsible for project management of complex quality improvement activities. This includes both leading and/or participating as a team member on various projects. Responsible for overseeing and managing project plans, timelines, interventions, quantitative project data, and development of measures to effectively meet the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Develop key deliverables which may include, but are not limited to, regulatory reports, presentations and status updates. Responsible for identifying and addressing project barriers and reporting progress to appropriate UCare leadership.
- Ensure appropriate measurement and data analysis is used for each project. This may include qualitative and quantitative review, barrier analysis of project topic, review of findings as well as actively soliciting provider and member input.
- Participate in ensuring that UCare is compliant with regulatory requirements for quality. This includes an understanding of State and Federal regulatory requirements and the ability to keep updated with any new requirements and to modify projects, as needed.
- Active participant or leader in internal and/or external collaborative meetings and work group as they relate to projects. This includes attending and actively participating in external meetings with regulators, other Plans, and stakeholder groups.
- Provide regulatory quality expertise to external organizations with a business relationship with UCare. This includes oversight for organizations for which UCare has delegated authority or to organizations for which UCare has contractual arrangements for consultation for design and implementation of quality improvement activities.
- Represent UCare’s quality initiatives with key provider groups to develop a mutual understanding of shared quality improvement goals. This may include communicating UCare’s quality strategy, gathering information on quality initiatives from the provider groups, and providing expertise, tools, and resources as appropriate.
- Provide education and tools to improve company knowledge of quality improvement and processes. Define appropriate measures of processes and outcomes.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and practices.
A Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Master’s degree in health science, nursing, public health, health promotion, business or other related field.
A minimum of two - three years of relevant experience in quality improvement and five years experience in health care delivery system required. Demonstrated process improvement and project management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Formal training in quality improvement and/or project management strongly preferred. Education in statistical analysis and experience in a managed care or health insurance setting preferred. RN with active licensure.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.