Medical Assistant, Certified (Transplant/Rheumatology)
This job has now expired
The Transplant Center provides unsurpassed care for anyone whose life is touched by disease of the kidney, liver or lung. We offer the full spectrum of care, from diagnosis to transplant and follow-up.
The Medical Assistant (Certified) performs delegated medical functions under the direction of a physician, authorized practitioner or RN in the delivery of care for all assigned patient populations, in accordance with all policy, procedure and practice guidelines. Supports providers in the delivery of patient care services. Prepares examining areas and patients for examination, procedure or treatment by physician or other authorized practitioner. obtains vital signs and records patients medical history and other relevant data. Assists physician with patient examinations, treatments and/or procedures. Administers injections or assists with treatments/procedures under direction of authorized practitioner. May perform administrative duties: schedules, coordinates and monitors patient appointments, admissions and/or procedures, organize/maintain medical records and performs business-related tasks such as procedural/diagnostic coding, prepares submittable insurance forms. As a health care advocate, supports patient focused care and provides patient instruction.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Medical Assistance certification from an accredited school. If not certified, must attain AAMA certification within one year of employment and have completed MA program at an accredited school.
- Some successful medical or clinic experience
- Good keyboarding, phone and computer software utilization skills
- Ability to prioritize work and fluctuation of workload
- Graduate from an accredited CMA program with an Associates degree
- Current Certified Medical Assistant
- Maintains certification by retesting or maintaining CEU level as determined by AAMA
- One to three years of Medical Assistant experience
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work under stress in a variety of situations and other clinics
- Previous ambulatory care experience
- BLS certification
- EMR and patient scheduling experience
- Self motivated problem solver, continuous improver, critical thinker
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.