Childcare Lead Teacher (River Valley YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the River Valley YMCA has an opening for a Childcare Lead Teacher to join our team.
The Child Care Lead Teacher will assist the Teacher in providing direction for the program and staff in the classroom and implement program curriculum in the classroom. They will work cooperatively with teachers and administrators to carry out the child care mission and vision. The incumbent will provide quality childcare services to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
We are seeking an experienced, fun and energetic Lead Preschool teacher with flexible availability and a passion for teaching.
- Work with supervisor to implement curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Design and implement daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervise the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Conduct parent conferences and maintain communication with parents.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Provide work direction to staff while on duty and assist in staff training.
- Assist with yearly staff evaluations and with interviewing applicants for staff positions within the childcare program.
- Maintain required program records and children’s files.
Qualifications - Required
- Meet Minnesota DHS Rule 3 or Wisconsin HFS 46 Teacher qualifications, including yearly in service requirements.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Commitment to working with children in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement program activities.
- Excellent skills in teaching, communication, and human relations.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Lift heavy objects weighing up to 50lbs.