School Age Childcare Site Director (Shoreview YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Shoreview YMCA is currently seeking a dynamic School Age Childcare Site Director to join our team!
The School Aged Child Care Site Director is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the school age child care site and will plan, lead, and evaluate group experiences. This position operates at a specific school age site. The incumbent provides high quality recreational experiences for children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Plan, develop, supervise, and implement the program activities at the site.
- Manage curriculum planning for the site.
- Develop and distribute parent communications.
- Assist with the promotion of the Branch and school age child care programs to the community.
- Make ongoing systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Obtain and update all registrations, contracts, release forms, and emergency forms that pertain to administration of the school age child program at the site.
- Maintain required program records such as attendance, daily schedules, and rosters.
- Manage site budget.
- May hire and supervise staff.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 21.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience working with school aged children.
- Education in child development, child guidance, human relations, or recreational programs and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent skills in planning activities for various ages, staff supervision and development, communication, organization, and human relations.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in education or recreation.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Set up tables weighing up to 50 lbs.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 01/11//2013 for first consideration.