Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator
Plan, coordinate and administer human resources functions for the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure compliance with state and federal law and union contracts.
- Administer employee health and welfare plans; responsible for enrollments, terminations, and conducting annual open enrollment period. Benefit plan includes medical, dental, 401k, pension, long-term care, life insurance, long-term disability, HRA and flexible spending accounts. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Administer hiring process including job postings, candidate screening and interviews, background screenings and new hire benefit orientation.
- Manage and maintain personnel records; ensure compliance with federal, state and other regulatory agency requirements concerning employment. Keep abreast of all employment and benefit legislation and regulation and ensure organizational compliance.
- Authorize payment of monthly billings from insurance providers; review for accuracy and/or changes. Communicate benefit information to employees and retirees. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Assist management in various employee issues, retirement process including the processing of COBRA and other post-employment benefits.
- Organize, participate in and keep records for the pension, 401k and medical insurance committees.
- Responsible for filing of government required reports. Perform technical assistance in updating affirmative action reports and policies and benefit plan 5500s.
- Administer the pension plan in conjunction with the CFO.
- Coordinate salary and benefit information with payroll department for processing.
- Convene wellness committee and implement wellness program.
- Act as liaison and resolve employee issues related to health and welfare plans. Advise management of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Administer, maintain and ensure accuracy for all employee time and leave records. (Time Trak)
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Maintain confidential information related to all personnel, payroll, accounting and legal matters.
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
Personal computer FAX machine/copier
Windows-based word processing software Adding machine/calculator
Database software Internet and browser software
Education Minnesota leaders and members Education Minnesota staff
Education leaders Governmental agencies
General public Vendors
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources plus minimum 5 years Human Resources administrator experience; or minimum 10 years Human Resources administrator experience.
- Experience in employee benefit programs, recruitment and other related areas.
- Experience with ADP or comparable human resource system, word processing, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Ability and experience to independently coordinate and manage all functions in a fast paced environment, carry out directives, administer programs, and make decisions.
- Ability to perform well under numerous pressures/deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Internet and E-mail experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience and background in a union and/or non-profit organization.
- Experience with a wellness program.
- Professional Human Resource (PHR) Certification.
- Some travel, evening and weekend work required.
DEADLINE: For best consideration apply by 1/11/13
Position open until filled.
Please apply online at http://www.educationminnesota.org/aboutus/jobs.aspx
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the following is provided: The position involves skills in critical thinking, analysis, problem-solving, judgment, human relations, leadership, consulting, writing, planning, and organization; use of clear and articulate speech; use of computer keyboard, ability to travel by various conveyances, e.g., air, rail, auto; sitting for long periods of time, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, carrying materials (up to 5 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.).