Assistant / Associate Professor - Construction
Appointment Type: Faculty
Title: Tenure-track faculty
Anticipated Start Date: 8/26/2013
Term: Initial one-year appointment for the 2013-2014 academic year. Tenure-track faculty position teaching undergraduate and/or graduate lecture/lab architecture, engineering and construction courses primarily in the Department of Construction plus additional responsibilities.
- At least one degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or closely related field required.
- Doctorate preferred, ABD required, with completion of the doctorate required within one year of initial appointment. Candidates holding a Master of Architecture (three-plus program) degree will also be considered.
- Demonstrable teaching proficiency required
- Documented comprehensive construction industry experience required
- Licensed within the U.S. as an Architect, Professional Engineer, or Certified Professional Constructor, within three years from date of appointment and required for faculty positions as a condition for continued employment.
Responsibilities: Teaching Responsibilities: Assigned from the AEC courses listed at http://www.uwstout.edu/bulletins/course-listing.cfm?displaycourses=true&subject=Architecture%2C%20Engineering%20and%20Construction
Non-Teaching Responsibilities: (assigned from following)
- Program Leadership
- Student Advisement
- Student Organization Involvement/Advisement
- Capstone Experience Development
- Program and Course Development
- Collaboration with Risk Control/Safety Discipline
- International Education
- Participate in program administration
- Develop, conduct, and respond to research and training proposals relevant to the needs of the construction industry
- Participate in professional organization(s) directly related to the construction industry
- Teach in a cooperative educational setting using innovative teaching techniques
- Computer literacy and expertise in construction industry software systems
- Provide courses in variety of formats, times, and locations
- Set-up, operate, maintain laboratories and course related equipment
- Be supportive in working with diverse populations of students and staff
- Expectations for continuing applied research, which may include collaborations with industrial partners, student/faculty teams, UW-Stout's Discovery Center; development of funding sources through grants, donation, and industrial projects
DEPARTMENT INFORMATION: The Construction Department is one of seven departments in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (CSTEM). The department has approximately 10 full-time faculty and teaching staff and provides courses for programs in Construction, Interior Design, Engineering Technology, Technology Education and Sustainable Management. The Bachelor of Science Construction Program has enrollment of approximately 300 students and is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
CAMPUS INFORMATION: A member of the University of Wisconsin System, UW-Stout serves approximately 9,300 students in 20 graduate and 40 undergraduate programs. UW-Stout is a 2001 Baldrige Award Recipient, supporting a progressive, learning-centered, quality-based educational environment that is focused on continuous improvement.
The university is located in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94; located in the scenic Chippewa Valley Region with a population base of more than 200,000. Menomonie is a city of 16,000 surrounded by lakes, streams and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
SPECIAL NOTES: As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
Unless confidentiality is requested, names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
For campus safety information and crime statistics, visit http://www.uwstout.edu/hs/upload/2011-Clery-report.pdf TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Screening of applications will begin 1/14/2013 however, screening may continue until the position is filled. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
-Benefit Details: http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/uben.pdf
-Total Compensation Estimator:
http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/compest/ TO APPLY: Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please note: Once you have attached materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing your qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three current references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts
If you have application questions call or email:
Kate Jarvi, Construction Department Administrative Associate