This job has now expired
.JOB FUNCTIONS (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
1. Conduct direct member consultation by taking medication histories and giving instruction on appropriate use in complex regimen situations, and taking medication management plans and therapy management in compliance with literature guidelines.
2. Review treatment protocol compliance in the development and implementation of diabetes education, asthma management, and smoking cessation clinics.
3. Establish and maintain organization’s formulary; perform research, give presentations and document results for the Formulary Committee.
4. Collaborate with providers in establishing and implementing drug therapy treatment protocols that comply with published guidelines from the professional literature.
5. Conduct medication regimen consultation by providing drug information to prescribing providers, recommending changes in therapy based upon Pharmacy Benefit Manager evaluations and patient claim reviews, and managing prior authorization process.
Knowledge of: pharmacotherapy, pathophysiology, assessment, drug therapy treatment protocols, pharmacy management operation systems, Medicare Part D.
Considerable ability to: communicate orally and in writing with peers, and superiors; inter-relate in a multicultural environment; consult with medical provider personnel; manage and track data; utilize evidence-based decision-making; oversee projects.
Skill in: use of personal computers and computer software.
The work assigned to a position allocated to this class may not include all of the job functions or knowledge, abilities, skills, and physical requirements indicated nor does the class specification include all work that may be assigned or restrict the emphasis of the work assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Doctoral degree in Pharmacy or an equivalent Pharmacy degree as determined by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy for licensure.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of a valid license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Minnesota.
Contract to Hire
Monday through Friday
8am to 5pm