Medical Lab Tech II/LMXO Radiology
Allina Medical Clinic is committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care.
Allina Medical Clinic and their employees serve 463,000 patients, representing more than two million clinic visits at 40 locations each year. Allina Medical Clinic is part of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a non-profit network of hospitals, clinics and other health care services.
- Collects specimens following appropriate collection procedures and processing of specimens.
- Perform tests authorized by the Clinical Lab Manager and follow all procedures for each test performed.
- Record and report each test following laboratory policy.
- Perform and document all needed instrument maintenance and perform and document all QC on each test system before patients are tested.
- Position patients and select proper technical exposure factors. Instruct patients regarding procedures
- Follow established radiation quality assurance standards
- Process images-Equipment will be site specific
- Prepare images for provider/radiologist reading/interpretation
- Performs radiology quality control procedures as required
- Clean and maintain radiographic rooms
- Stock necessary supplies
- Maintain X-ray files and perofrm related clerical duties
- Graduate of an accredited MLT (CLT) and MT (CLS) program and LMXO certified
- Performs moderate or high complexity testing with or without phlebotomy
- Current medical laboratory technician certification required or to be completed within 6 months of hire
- Several years experience preferred
- New MLT graduates are acceptable
- Strong customer service skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Able to multi task in fast paced setting
- Proficient with EMR
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently and use critical thinking
- LMXO mandatory-Must have passed the nationally recognized exam administered by the State of Minnesota for the core and all module components
- MLT (CLT) or MT (CLS)
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position (40 hours per week)
- Work Schedule: 7:00am-5:30pm
- Day shift
- Occasional Weekends
Living along the wooded bluffs and rolling hills of Scott County, the community of Jordan enjoys that warm country feeling of a small town while being only minutes from the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Travel time to Bloomington is 20 minutes and downtown Minneapolis is only 30 miles away. Some of the Twin Cities' leading attractions, including the Renaissance Festival, Mystic Lake Casino and Valleyfair are all within 15 minutes of Jordan. Jordan is closer yet to the Scott County Fair, championship golf, campgrounds and numerous recreational parks.
- Located 37 miles SW of Minneapolis
- Population = 5,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA