Executive Director (Eagan YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead our Eagan YMCA!
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Operations, District Executive or Chief Operations Officer, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration of the work of the branch in accordance with the policies established by the Association as approved by the General Board of Directors. The incumbent is accountable for branch operations including the fiscal operation, community relations, and all branch programs.
- Articulate the mission, values, vision, and Association goals to the branch staff, Board Members, and community.
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships to establish a large and active membership body, understand the community’s needs, and identify key community leaders.
- Lead Member Experience in the branch to ensure that a high performance, member-centric culture of outstanding service is in place, team members are fully trained and engaged to serve the members and that goals for member retention are met or exceeded.
- Cultivate the financial resources for the branch by developing Donor/Alumni relationships, membership development/relations, and healthy operations.
- Build a dynamic, powerful, and active branch/community board through successful board development, recruitment, and involvement.
- Meet or exceed all branch and Association budget goals working cooperatively with Product Managers, Sales and Finance.
- Emphasize excellence in programs, member services, and facilities by meeting or exceeding program enrollment goals, building and developing staff, and providing succession planning.
- Recruit, select, employ, evaluate and direct a strong, diverse team of professional staff to deliver high quality/volume programs to members in consultation with Branch Selection committees, Chief Human Resources Officer, and Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Focus on the Association Services Partnership through active support for the strategy development process and demonstrate cooperative behavior between the branch and Association.
- Serve as the primary staff person responsible for conducting the branch Y Partner support campaign to meet or exceed goals established by the Association and Board.
- Create and monitor a long range plan for the branch within Association guidelines and provide leadership to the Branch Community Board for short and long term financial development.
- Serve as the Branch Chief Safety Officer and inspect branch facilities and properties to assure high safety and maintenance standards are being upheld.
Minimum Requirements Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor's degree in business administration/human services or equivalent experience.
- Three+ years of executive management experience.
- Fiscal management; staff management and development; and volunteer development.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a highly matrixed, team environment to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven record of successful operation management.
- Ability to think conceptually, analyze and solve problems, and demonstrate assertiveness to manage the scope and diversity of the responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job.
Qualifications - Preferred
- YMCA Branch Leader certification with a strong understanding of the YMCA’s mission.
- Extensive professional experience in a broad range of YMCA program positions and a proven ability in community and government relations.
- Must be able to work on a computer.
- Must be able to travel locally for meetings.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 01/18/2013 for first consideration.