Privacy and Data Security Officer
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Privacy and Data Security Officer directs and manages UCare's efforts to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies that govern information privacy and data security:
- Oversees the development and implementation of corporate-wide information privacy principles, policies and practices.
- Coordinates all corporate activities with information privacy implications, as well as monitors UCare's services and systems to assure meaningful information privacy practices.
- Advocates and protects member privacy by serving as a key privacy advisor for members, handling disputes and managing member requests regarding their health records.
- Identifies, investigates, resolves and ensures development of processes, procedures, and documentation relative to data security on UCare's computer systems, networks, and telecommunications while addressing privacy, confidentiality and standards administration.
- Monitors ongoing activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of member, healthcare provider, employee and business information in compliance with UCare's data security policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Facilitates the exploration and development of best practices and standards for UCare's information privacy and data security efforts.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the establishment of written policies, procedures and standards of conduct that reflect UCare's responsibilities related to information privacy and data security.
- Implement training and education to ensure UCare employees and appropriate third parties are appropriately informed of their responsibilities related to information privacy and data security.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication related to UCare's responsibilities for information privacy and data security.
- Enforce UCare's standards for information privacy and data security through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines.
- Monitor and audit UCare's compliance with information privacy and data security accountabilities; promptly respond to detected offenses with appropriate corrective action.
A Bachelor's degree is required. At least five (5) years of related health care compliance experience with significant experience in state or federal regulatory or managed care compliance and information privacy laws, access and release of information, and release control technologies is also required.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.