This job is no longer available
The incumbent for the Quality Technician III position will be responsible for conducting process, product, and complaint evaluations/investigations at the direction of the Quality Team Leader. Additional responsibilities include oversight, technical guidance and problem solving support to Quality Technicians, Line Leads and Line workers on quality related issues. This position is also the Backup Quality Team Leader as requested by immediate Supervisor.
The Lakeville plant operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We have four work teams who work a 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 work schedule at 12 hours per day. Two teams work each day (one day team; one night team).
- Day Teams (A and B) 6am - 6pm
- Night Teams (C and D) 6pm - 6am
Teams work 3 shifts a week, one week; 4 shifts a week the next (rotates). Thus, overtime is required at least every other week.
This position is for Night Team.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Quality Technician III has the following responsibilities to develop, monitor, train, validate, and improve quality/compliance related processes of Quality Technicians and Production personnel. This position is also the Backup Quality Team Leader as requested by immediate Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Quality Technician III consist of but are not limited to:
· Clearly understand and be able to review, monitor, and train best practices as it relates to processes/ procedures impacting product quality and compliance.
· Review live WINSPC data to confirm that processes parameters are being run at optimal levels. Advise Production, Maintenance personnel of issues.
· Review through observation and monitoring of on-line forms and other documents that appropriate checks, line processes, and related procedures (tag timing, material usage records, traceability, and other records) are in compliance with stated methods, specifications and procedures.
· Support LEAN/Process improvement data collection and other efforts as requested by Continuous Improvement Teams.
· Provide problem solving/investigation support to Quality Technicians and Team Leaders.
· Serve as a trainer and resource to plant employees on various quality functions performed during day to day activities.
· Understand product specifications & review with personnel prior to start-ups.
· Investigate and take appropriate actions on incidents where requested by Quality Team Leaders, Engineers or Managers.
· Assist with equipment repair and calibration activities as directed.
· On an as needed basis Execute day to day requirements of the Level II position description
· Perform all other duties as assigned by Quality Team Leader.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate degree in Quality, Manufacturing or Technical related or a combination of experience and post-secondary education required
· 1-3 years’ experience in a quality verification/troubleshooting role required
· Basic statistics training/use experience
· Proficiency in Excel
· Proficiency in Minitab or similar analytical software
· Receive verbal and written instructions
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
· Strong attention to detail is required
· Effective communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to work independently
· Able to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
In terms of a 12 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time. In a 12 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
· Continuously stand and walk
· Frequently bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
· Frequently reach above shoulder level
· Occasionally carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
· Occasionally climb to a height of approximately ten feet
· Occasionally use his/her hands/fingers for the repetitive actions of simple and fine manipulation
· Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
· Continuously be around laboratory working conditions.
· Continuously be in a climate (heated/air-conditioned) controlled environment
· Occasionally be around moving machinery
· Occasionally be in factory and/or warehouse working conditions
· Occasionally be in dusty conditions
This position is nonexempt making it eligible for overtime.