Ability to work in a fast paced, assembly, production environment. Assemble and install components in a chassis or LCD following pre-established building documentation utilizing power and non-power hand tools to completion, load software, perform post production testing, and packa finished goods for shipment to customers. Also, test, analyze, and report problems in systems and components for quality and repair purposes while keeping a clean and organized work space.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of computer hardware components and how they function.
- Understanding and working knowledge of a variety of operating systems for installation.
- Ability to read and follow a Build of Material (BOM) to identify the correct parts to pull for a job, prep work space for efficient assembly, and competent skills to assemble parts and software to produce a finished product following pre-written building instructions.
- Ability to write assembly / building documents following a pre-established process.
- Ability to move from one type of assembly work to another without loss of efficiency or productivity.
- 1 – 4 years computer hardware & software assembly work.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to work with both power and non-power hand tools.
- Ability to work with both large components and small parts and wires.
- Basic electrical wiring skills for connecting power supplies to electronic equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to fours hours in a row)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to lift bulky, odd size boxes
- Good eye sight (with or without glasses)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Optional 2 year technical degree in computer field and / or industry certifications.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and satisfaction from completing tasks within given time parameters