Ophthalmic Assistant, Certified (Maple Grove Medical Center)
This job has now expired
Part time, 16 hours per week.
As an Ophthalmic Assistant, you will assist Physicians and work with clinical/clerical staff to facilitate the efficient daily clinic flow of patients. Assist Ophthalmologists and Optometrists to facilitate the best use of their time and prepare patients for examination. Duties include: completes preparations for patient visits, takes patient medical histories and schedules ancillary patient appointments, backs up patient check in, assists physicians/providers with minor patient procedures and other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Ophthalmic Assistant Certification.
- One year of clinical experience in ophthalmology.
- Patient scheduling and check-in experience. Ability to operate ophthalmic equipment.
- Good organizational skills and good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and obtain skills on the job or through educational courses.
- EMR experience
- 2 years of experience as an Ophthalmic Assistant
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.