Lifeguards (Lino Lakes YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Lino Lakes YMCA is seeking energetic Lifeguards to join our team.
The Lifeguard is responsible for supervising the aquatics area to prevent accidents, assist swimmers, and respond to emergencies. The incumbent will create a safe, enjoyable and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and satisfaction in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures. The Lifeguard will oversee multiple activities including open swim, water exercise, swim lessons, and lap swimming.
We are seeking a lifeguard to oversee our off-site swim program at the AmericInn located in North Branch, MN.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the pool area, know/review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately.
- Perform first aid when necessary and complete appropriate incident/accident reports.
- Know, understand, and consistently communicate policies and guidelines for the pool and whirlpool.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 16.
- Currently certified in First Aid/CPR, Pro/AED.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Oxygen Administration.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to recognize swimmers who may need assistance.
- Ability to recognize and remedy hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Ability to communicate with all ages and levels of swimmers.
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA
Qualifications - Preferred
- Current ARC or YMCA lifeguard certification.
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to hear noises and distress signals.
- Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Perform all needed rescues and survival skills.
- Be able to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue, including swimming quickly, supporting adult body weight while swimming as far as 50 feet, and removing adult body weight from the pool.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.