Manufacturing Process Engineer, Quality Engineer
General Label , a manufacturer of membrane switches, overlays and decals, seeks an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. Candidates should have a strong hands-on background in quality and process control in a manufacturing setting.
This salaried position reports directly to the President and is responsible for problem solving, process control, and quality improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All engineering responsibilities for production of membranes and other manufactured products
- Investigate and resolve non-conformance issues; both internally and externally
- Use lean tools, communication skills and leadership abilities to lead and facilitate kaizen activities encouraging cross-functional groups to participate and meet common goals
- Manage and lead projects to ensure timely completion with successful results
- Utilize statistical tools and Lean Manufacturing principals in daily work to drive problem solving, define process capability, and improve process controls
- Use analytical quality tools to identify tangible problems and implement solutions
- Review designs and recommend changes that support quality, improved production flow, increased productivity, and reduced costs
- Generate work instructions, procedures, and product design
- Serve as the technical resource for troubleshooting process issues associated with equipment and/or product performance