Marketing Communications Intern
ShopNBC's 2013 Internship Program will be a paid program, and will run for 12 weeks, beginning June 3, 2013, and concluding on August 23, 2013.
The Marketing Communications Intern will support the Marketing Communications team by playing a meaningful role as liaison between marketing teams and merchandising areas of Jewelry, Watches, Beauty/Health/Fitness, Fashion, Home, and Consumer Electronics. The team member will work closely with the Marketing Communications Specialists in providing multi-channel marketing support and communications for major merchandising and key initiatives, including brand positioning of categories & brands, and support of new launches & sales events. In addition, this position will have the opportunity to work on corporate communications including vendor relations, investor relations, consumer, customer service, employee teams and community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Develop understanding of our product categories (Jewelry, Beauty/Health/Fitness, Watches, Home, Consumer Electronics, Fashion)
· Help develop positioning for new and existing brands
· Help develop Marketing Communications Strategy plans for key revenue drivers and initiatives
· Research and help maintain media list
· Assist/create media alerts
· Assist in creation of new brand names and show titles & create library of names
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree candidate