On Air Promotions Intern
ShopNBC's 2013 Internship Program will be a paid program and will run for 12 weeks. The Internship program will begin on June 3, 2013, and will conclude on August 23, 2013.
The On Air Promotions intern will support the Promotion team through all levels of the production process. The position will serve as an integral role in developing a comprehensive understanding in the creative process, broadcast production skills and collaboration with all functional areas of the television retail space. The end goal of the internship is to create a promo spot from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Develop an understanding of the broadcast media landscape and how companies are marketing through this channel. Daily responsibilities will include competitive research, idea generation and brainstorming.
· Maintain an on-set presence during location shoots and in-house studio shoots, to gain an understanding into production resources and skills associated with a ShopNBC production.
· Gain a deep understanding into the mechanics of what “makes a good advertisement on TV”. Learn the basic writing principals of Headlines, Sub-Headlines, Unique Selling Propositions and Features/Benefits that make for a successful Promo Spot.
· Review competitive set of web video trends and standards to create targeted media pieces focused on incremental web conversion and retention.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Bachelor's degree candidate
Promotion Producer > Sr. Promotion Producer