Since 1955 Presbyterian Homes has been providing the best in housing, care and services for older adults. As an integral part of service, we are guided by: Our Mission
The mission of Presbyterian Homes & Services is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God. Our Values
CompassionChristian MinistryGrowth & InnovationPeopleStewardshipService Presbyterian Homes & Services - Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington is seeking a Cook to join its Nutrition and Culinary team. This position is for a part time cook position which must be available to work weekdays, weekends, days or evenings, and participate in a rotating holiday schedule. Knowledge and understanding of therapeutic/NDD diets is preferred. Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Cook/Chef is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
- Knowledge of state and federal food-handling regulations (Serve Safe Certification). Must possess knowledge of food service operations.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Consider partnering with Presbyterian Homes & Services where our mission is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God