Kids Stuff Lead Staff (Burnsville YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Burnsville YMCA is seeking dynamic Kids Stuff Lead Staff to join our team.
The Kids Stuff Shift Lead is responsible for providing quality care to children in a positive, nurturing environment while their parents are using the YMCA facilities. The Kids Stuff Area could include children between the ages of 6 weeks and 9 years of age.
- Greet children and members.
- Organize sign-in/out sheets and follow correct sign-in and out practices.
- Supervise, play and initiate games and activities with children.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Communicate courteously with members.
- Follow daily sanitizing procedures and help out with weekly cleaning schedules.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure that toys and shelves are organized at the end of the day/shift.
- Follow all procedures and policies of the department, branch, and Association.
- Report all concerns to the Kids Stuff Coordinator.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of 6 months experience leading and supervising children
- Ability to motivate, energize, and entertain children
- Knowledge of appropriate activities for various age levels – including skill and ability to implement curriculum
- Required certifications: CPR and First Aid
- Required training: building EMG procedure training
- Demonstrated organizational and child supervision skills
- Ability to lead and participate in physical activities that may include but are not limited to walking, standing for long periods of time, bending, reaching, running, throwing, and kicking.
- Physical ability to restrain youth as needed for safety purposes.