Senior Accounting Specialist (YMCA ATC)
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has opportunity for a Senior Accounting Specialist to join our team.
The Senior Accounting Specialist performs specialized accounting work of moderate difficulty. The incumbent performs accounting for all capital assets and expenditures and capital debt and lease activity. Other responsibilities include reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing specialized reports.
- Performs accounting for capital assets and expenditures. Responsible for capital debt and lease accounting which may include preparing bond draws, calculating debt covenant requirements and preparing related reports for financial institutions.
- Updates and maintains fixed assets database for all capital expenditures.
- Manages vehicle registration and property tax information and payments.
- Reconciles and reviews the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and prepares audit schedules for various accounts.
- Analyzes data and prepares special reports.
- Assists with the development of financial policies and procedures, creating consistencies and implementing best practices.
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related accounting experience.
- In depth understanding of accounting principles, methods, and applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills along with an attention to detail.
- Ability to use sound judgment in data preparation and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite and spreadsheet preparation.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft “Great Plains” accounting software.
- Experience with improving and streamlining business practices.
- Experience working in non-profit accounting.
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 12/12/2012 for first consideration. This position will remain posted until filled.