RN-Labor & Delivery
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Practices professional nursing to provide patient care to labor/ delivery/ antepartal and post partum, new born patients through the use of the nursing process or assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification,planning, implementation and evaluation
- Provide coordination of all nursing care from the point of admission through discharge
- Works in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members
- Appropriately delegates nursing care to other direct care team
- Mandatory call is not currently a requirement of this position but could be added in the future
Education & Experience:
- AD/BSN Preferred
- Current MN RN license in good standing
- Current NRP and BLS training
- Must have 1 year med/surg experience
- 1 year post partum experience required
- Current inpatient obstetrical nursing experience in acute care facilities
- Labor/delivery/antepartal/LDRP care preferred
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Fetal Heart Monitoring skill interpretation
- Strong assessment and clinical skills - labor/delivery/antepartal and postpartum/newborn
- Organizational/time management skills/prioritization
- Delegation skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (28 hours per week)
- Night Shift
- Every Other Weekend
- MNA Contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA