Provider Payment Supervisor
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Provider Payment Supervisor will supervise the area responsible for developing and reporting contract financial settlements, provider financial reporting packages, and development of provider payment rates relating to claims payment, and payment rate impacts to UCare as well as provider groups. Ensure the communication of the analysis results to provider groups as well as internal customers. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervise and assist in the development of UCare created fee schedules.
- Supervise the analysis of current fee schedules and future fee schedule contract arrangements to understand the financial impact to UCare as well as the providers related to fee schedules.
- Supervise the completion of financial summaries, settlements, data feeds, and monthly payments to providers to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Participate in the Fee Schedule Workgroup.
- Review and distribute ad-hoc requests submitted by the Provider Enrollment and Configuration department.
- Assist Accounting in developing and analyzing the annual accruals for provider financial and claims settlements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
Minimum 3-5 years related experience in Finance or Accounting; at least intermediate level MS Access and Excel experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of the HMO industry and SQL strongly preferred. BS/BA with an emphasis in finance/accounting or related field required.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be successful in this role include:
- Good analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong spreadsheet/data base skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.