Business Analyst/Project Lead
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Business Analyst/Project Lead will perform analysis of business goals, objectives, and needs of the business. Review business project and service requests and plans, documents requirements, and designs business processes. Provide recommendations for changes and improvements to support business systems and activities, and leads the initiatives to implement. Provide project management functions for multiple projects/requests throughout the project life cycle, including, authoring various projects related documents, managing communications and business relationships, and assists with validation through the testing phase. Serve as the liaison between the business and technology teams. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts with business partners and technical teams to perform analysis, define requirements, and present innovative solutions that solve business problems, or that meet business project and service request needs.
- Partner with IS management and business teams to define project direction, create project plans, and leads project meetings with technical, business and project management staff.
- Lead key project activities. Drives project efforts and facilitates project related meetings. Follow the project life cycle process including writing Business Requirements documents (BRD)
- Gather and translate business requirements and work with technical staff to translate tactical business requirements into functional requirements, thus driving technical improvements, enhancements, and/or creation of new applications.
- Communicate project direction and scope, and negotiate with teams to work through constraints and alternatives. Communicate project updates as necessary to management, business, and technology teams.
- Quality Assurance responsibilities: Identify problems and select opportunities for improvement, analyze and study the problem to identify root cause, develop solutions and actions and implement and evaluate for Quality Improvement, write and/or update policys, process, and procedures to meet UCare’s growing needs in process and quality improvements and promote quality assurance programs for the organization.
- Stay current with all available technical options, development procedures and innovative solutions for key business initiatives.
A Bachelor's degree in business or Computer Science preferred. Candidates with related disciplines with demonstrated capability through previous experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
Required experience includes: Three to five years of Business Analyst experience. Three years of technical project management experience. Quality Assurance experience in a lead role. Experience in health care or managed care environment is preferred.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.